That's where this recipe for chewy sugar cookies comes into play. They are quick, easy, and ridiculously delicious. I'm all about the texture when it comes to a cookie and these don't disappoint, they are perfectly chewy. We topped half with sprinkles and half with raw cane sugar and the crunch that either adds is a great addition.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1.2 tsp baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp whole milk
Sprinkles or cane sugar for tops
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In a stand mixer cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. In small batches blend in the dry ingredients until incorporated. Blend in milk until just incorporated.
4. Scoop small balls (about a rounded teaspoon) of dough onto cookie sheet. Slightly flatten top of each cookie and sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until very slightly golden. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. And enjoy!
RECIPE SOURCE: slightly adapted from Food Network, recipe by Linda McClure